Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 04 – Your music

I love music! I need music for company during the day when I'm home alone, and love the digital TV's ABC Classic FM station. I like a mix of music though. Some of my favourites at the moment would be:
  • Elena Kats-Chernin, composer of Wild Swans and other pieces
  • Katie Herzig
  • Anything from the 1990s
  • Anything with a decent backbeat or bass line
  • Most of what I've sung of the choral variety
  • Dixie Chicks
Which is funny, as I don't like listening to choral music and especially detest organ music where there's a bit of organ, and a bit of choir, and a bit more organ.

I've been singing in AICSA choirs since 1997 on and off. I've sung in choirs in Canberra, Adelaide and Sydney as well as attending annual festivals of the choirs from around the whole country in Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne a couple of times, Adelaide and Hobart. I am a first soprano but also have sung alto a couple of times. I don't tend to sing solos or small groups due to some really traumatic experiences - I have a good ensemble voice.

No comments: