Unlike 2008 to be honest.
2009 was pretty good. 2010 was pretty good too.
Bring on 2011 though.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Celebrated my first anniversary.
Bought a Pulsar.
Signed a new lease to stay here for a 2nd year.
Grew a garden successfully.
Took time off work and study and just *was*.
Learnt lots about parks, toys, plastic, clothes and lots of other things.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
This means I'd have to go find my resolutions. I had to dig around to find them too! They were:
- Give birth in my home
- Reach out to people and find some more irl friends
- Put my personal happiness and that of my family, above other things
- Spend less time on the internet
- Take a photo a day
I did pretty well as I achieved #1-#4. I completely forgot about #5 though so maybe this year? Now that I have an amazing camera and Lightroom.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh wow did they ever! I think there were a dozen new childerbeasts around me. I gave birth so that's pretty close as well.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. No one close to me has died recently to be honest.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. Sad that but I was busy ;).
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Resolution for my injury case, better fitness and toned calves, less debt, a finished degree, less clutter (that's an oximoron I think? because that's less of something that's asking about what more that I want).
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
12th of March - the day I became a mama.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Homebirthing my babe, without drugs and without help beyond great midwifery care. Breastfeeding her for 9 and a half months so far. Going back to work with a small child.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Still having a LOT of clutter. Not having my fitness back.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No I've enjoyed rather rude health this year. Recovering from birth was harder than I thought, and I've had niggling hangovers from my injury but apart from that (oh and a broken toe) I've been healthy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Thelma the Thermomix.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Julie Gillard - the first female elected prime minister of this fair country. My TheHusband who has weathered hormones, broken sleep and still loves me for who I am, failings and frayed bits and all.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Bronwyn, the mother who just isn't to me. It's her loss in the end but I doubt she realises just how much her appalling behaviour is distressing to so many people. The court system in South Australia which is pursuing a witch hunt of homebirth and may see us leave the country because of it.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Thelma, a new car, debt because my injury means that it's still going to take me 5 years to finish my degree and start earning $$. Food of the Good Sort.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having a baby! A new diary. Thelma.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Isn't she lovely? by Idea of North as that was what I listened to in the shower after giving birth. Forevermore by Katie Hertzig as I have used it for montages and other things that remind me of the people who are in my life forevermore.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Substantially less fat but that's baby weight rather than any value judgement.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer I think. Not only in the eosoterical measure of richness but also some savings, more shares and less debt kind of way.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Drunk tea. Eaten Vietnamese food. Listened to music. Sung.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worried about being a mama.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We sang carols at the Adelaide Rowing Club this morning and I'm about to put the turkey rolls and veges in the oven to have for dinner.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
With my baby, yes! With myself too. And TheHusband - he is an awesome husband and papa.
22. How many one-night stands?
None this year to report - I'd rather sleep than have sex at the moment. Ask me next year ;).
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Dr Who. Can't WAIT for the Boxing Day special either!!!!!!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yep and I'm adult enough to admit that.
25. What was the best book you read?
Raising your spirited child - doesn't really apply to my babe but it is a great parenting book.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
To feel like I have a clue about parenting.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Can't say I watched many sadly.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30 and had a pre-birthday birthday in February. I had dinner with friends and got a SURPRISE combined gift from Kate of a KitchenAid.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having my lawyer involvement finished. It's not even the money that that'd be nice, just conclusion to the damn thing.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Comfort, pants for bending, tops for feeding, dark colours or patterns so I can hide spills, and easy clean. Also good for wearing a wrap over.
32. What kept you sane?
Friends like Lori, Kelly, Kaz, Bec and Nic. Wine. Joyous Birth. Wine.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Colin Firth. I plan on spending the afternoon with him today too. It's Tradition!
34. Who did you miss?
So many people. Interstaters, too busy'ers, overseas'ers.
35. Who was the best new person you met?