I don't think I've ever posted this! For shame!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Monday, January 3, 2011
You all know just how much I detest not being able to plan? That "hurry up and wait" is the MOST irritating and distressing situation for me to be in? Well here are 10 things that I absolutely CANNOT plan for, around, up to or through, but will define 2011 for me:
- Resolution of my motor vehicle accident?
- Which will start with a phonecall tomorrow to my lawyer,
- And another appointment with him and my other lawyer,
- And then a court case in late February.
This was care of a surprise letter last week detailing my court date. I was expecting it to all drag on into 2012 and instead it might be all summed up and dealt with by the end of February. Cue a whole lot of tears, a lot of stress and anxiety, and lots of "what if"s.
- Placement for school - details up on 18th of January
- Freakout in the meantime because I went ahead and booked attendance at some truly awesome workshops and a conference but if school is horrible and insists that I am on placement that week, I'm lots of $$ out of pocket and really upset .
- Choosing of placements in early February
- Don't know when I actually find out about them
- Sally to a maxilofacial surgeon on 24th of January
Ah I haven't told you about those dramas and her suspecte posterior tongue tie. I'll post later.
- I have to start thinking about next year and applying for jobs, sometime soon (surprisingly soon in fact)
I drew the blank rune for you~The Unknowable~The God Odin.So I consulted my horoscope for the year:
Blank is the end, blank is the beginning. This is the rune of total trust and should be taken as exciting evidence of your most immediate contact with your own true destiny which, time and time again, rises like the phoenix from the ashes of what we call fate.
The blank rune can portend a death. But that death is usually symbolic, and may relate to any part of your life you are living now. Relinquishing control is the ultimate challenge for the spiritual warrior.
Here the unknowable informs you that it is in motion in your life. In that blankness is held undiluted potential. At the same time both pregnant and empty, it comprehends the totality of being, all that is to be actualized. And if, indeed, there are matters hidden by the gods, you need only remember: what beckons the creative power of the unknown.
Drawing the blank rune may bring to the surface your deepest fears. Will I fail? Will I be abandoned? Will it all be taken away? And yet your highest good, your truest possibilities and all your fertile dreams are held within that blankness.
Willingness and permitting are what this rune requires, for how can you exercise control over what is not yet in form?
The blank rune often calls for no less an act of courage than the empty handed leap into the void. Drawing it is a direct test of faith.
The blank rune represents the path of Karma, the sum total of your actions and of their consequences. At the same time, this rune teaches that the very debts of old karma shift and evolve as you shift and evolve. Nothing is predestined: the obstacles on your path can become gateways that lead to new beginnings.
Take heart: know that the work of self change is progressing in your life.
While no sign benefits more from the unsettling yet exciting changes trigger by the encounter between Jupiter and Uranus in Pisces on January 4, you won't necessarily recognise their potential. In fact, because this is the case with most developments, especially during the year's first half, you're urged to explore everything, even what seems unrealistic. Not only will circumstances be shifting, an often, with your ruler Neptune in Pisces from early April until August, you'll be conducting an extensive personal review.And then decided to have a drink.
Consequently, what you regarded as ideal as the year began could be very different by its close. Knowing that, ignore those who insist on a detailed plan. Instead, combine a review of long-cherished dreams with serious reflection on what, and who, make you glad to be alive, an allow those to shape your activities. Ther could be no better approach to 2011.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
None of this resolution stuff. Here's a list of things I won't do instead!
- Give up coffee. Or tea. I love them both and enjoy them.
- Take up eating chocolate. I'm not going to apologise for it but - I do not like chocolate. It does not like me if it's anything fancier than Cadbury. I don't like it or need it in my life.
- Floss more often. I find it a really horrible feeling and it is disgusting to do and I've never had a prolem with my teeth because of it so why bother? I hate going to the dentist as it is, without also adding the trauma of squeaking floss every day.
- Do some extreme sport! No bungy jumping, skiing, skydiving for me.
- Eat coriander. I detest the stuff and refuse to eat it.
- Get into vampire stories more. Yawn.
- Commit to losing weight - I refuse to play that game with myself or society. If my thighs offend, avert your eyes.
- Call people more often. I hate speaking on the phone and hope people don't mind email, FB, text, smoke signals etc.
- Assume that I can do more, financially, physically and mentally, then survive this year. It is going to be a FULLON one and I'll need my A-game just to get through it so nothing extra - no budgeting to achieve dizzy financial heights of success, no grand plans to expunge the clutter from my life, no writing novels or giving speeches either.
- Get divorced, move house or have another baby.
- Pose for my photographic friend Billie - you can see her amazing photos on her new website and there are a few of me too! Because being behind the lens most often, means that there are few photos of me!
- Read a book that doesn't have to do with midwifery, parenting or babies.
- Go for a swim in the freezing cold, just off the iceberg from Antarctica water that inhabits the coast near Adelaide. It is COLD and I don't like it.
- See any friend that asks me - tea, opshopping and so forth is fun and I want to hold my spare time close!
- Write to people more often.
- Take a photo a day. I may only publish once a week though.
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Order lamb from Wychwood, and maintain our subscription to Food Connect.
- Have an anticonsumerist year - undies, presents, food and fuel are fine, but continuing with 2010 where minimal stuff was bought in the shops.
- Go to the zoo.