Thursday, September 17, 2009

14 weeks down, 26 to go

So a brief pregnancy update:
  • This week feels like it is going very slowly and I keep thinking I'm 20 weeks or so but nope, just 14.
  • My fundus is up around my navel. Then it's down low. Then it's on the right. Then down low. It's all sorts of weird.
  • I am feeling flutters that aren't just wind. Which is amazing and so amusing and awe-inspiring.
  • I have a headache. Again. Damn hormones.
  • I'm going to get a shirt that says "Yes I'm pregnant, No we're not having any scans, Yes I'm as far along as I said, No it's not twins, Yes we are birthing at home, No we aren't booked into a hospital"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are feeling flutters already? That is awesome-- I am so jealous. I didn't feel anything until I was much further along. (Of course, now it is a non-stop party in my uterus!)

Lee said...

Hi Emma - Don't think for a moment that it might be exactly 40 weeks!

My son was 9 days over (I think), and my daughter was nearly 2 weeks over. Babies cook at different rates, and I don't know of a single one that has come on its "due date" - except for those that were "schedule" my medical madness.

And when they came, my son was a little on the large side (9 pounds 7 oz) but my daughter (the REALLY late one, according to modern medical dumbosity) was bang on average - 6 and a half pounds. Which shows that every baby has its own time.

So kick back, relax, and enjoy the roundness :-) And don't let any doctor tell you you're "over", "under" or in any other way "abnormal" or "out of schedule"!

Emma Someone said...

dcfullest: No so much flutters as little thumps - the flutters I get are still gas ;).

daharja: yep I know that it's probably more than 40 weeks. It was one of the first things my mw and I discussed, the "how do you feel about it coming after 40wks is up" thing. I won't let any doctor tell me anything unless I need to, either - my plan is to hopefully not need their expert advice on an otherwise healthy and uneventful pregnancy.