Let me tell you that the idea for a book is burbling around in my head. Because being the victim of a motor vehicle accident, and then coming out the other side of it, is something that you should be warned of at the beginning.
It is truly liberating to go to a doctor today, and not have to hand over my client number or name lawyers. And the doctor I saw cleared up a few thing, namely that I'm not crazy.
- Yes, the tinnitus is because of my injury. It's inflammation-caused though, which is why it fluctuates.
- Yes, my arms really are longer! I have complained/commented about this recently and over the past few years, that arms of long sleeved shirts never are long enough. And today the doctor explained that because of my injury I roll my shoulders forward and droop my arms longer!
- Yes, pain is pain. It's not just "because". It is genuine and NORMAL and treatable and most importantly - is real.
- Yes the injury I've had to my pelvis and the ongoing symptoms are consistent. I didn't have to convince him of this though which was surprising!
- Yes my sense of taste and smell have diminished because of inflammation as well - not because I'm crazy.
I want an unfurrowed brow.
I want to sleep easily.
I want to not feel like I'm always on tenterhooks.
I want some reserves in energy. And mood.
This is aside from wanting my life back.