Well I have to say that I am still alive (if you're on FB you know this of course as I was described the other day as a "prolific" poster) but in bumping into an old friend yesterday I realised that I have a LOT to update on.
- My motor vehicle accident compensation case settled. The money has been paid, Centrelink / ATO / the universe has been repaid, and
- We bought a new house with the money. Settlement is on 13 January and I'm excited! about it but not looking forward to moving (again for the last time for a while, right?).
- I did my filing (for the first time, thoroughly, in about 5 years).
- My baby turned 1 and 3/4.
- She started walking! and has a lot of words.
- She had really bad gastro, which we got through by lying on the couch and her going back to being exclusively breastfed. The feedback from the hospital, whom I consulted because she was really sick, for a really long time, was that "breastfeeding saves lives, even here in our country, and I wish more women could do it for toddlers because it'd save them having to be on a drip!".
- I won $10,000 in a competition and am planning a midwifery clinic in my head!
- I did a big cull of people on my FB friends list, because there were people there that I felt obligated to have but in reality the wouldn't
piss on me if I was on firegive me the time of day.
- I bought a new lens for my camera, and have been taking AWESOME photos of births recently. I love love love it and my only regret about my own birth is that I didn't get similarly awesome documentary photos.
- So NOT a reason to have another baby though.
- I finished my degree!! I got that beautiful, system-generated email on Saturday morning, the day before the end of the study period that I was enrolled in. I have received my formal statement of my academic transcript, and have submitted everything to AHPRA for my registration and now am just waiting for some little busy beaver of a public servant to tick one itty box and register me already! That's all I want for Solstice.
- Which was yesterday and it was a lovely day, even if I did have to work in retail for another Christmas lead up.
- But my gift to me was that I gave notice to my employer! I finish on 8 January after 5+ years at the House of Bun. I will be sad to leave but onward and upward, right?
- I put Sally's name down for a new childcare venue in my new local area. That was big and freaky, but even more freaky was getting my daughter's name onto a class list. For 2015. For school. Woh freaky grown up feelings there!
- Oh we sorted out our wills, power of attorney, superannuation and life insurances. Also a HUGE stroke of very grown up.