Monday, December 29, 2008

3 recipes to contemplate

Chicken Biryani
"This is a delicious Pakistani/Indian rice dish which is often reserved for very special occasions such as weddings, parties, or holidays such as Ramadan. It has a lengthy preparation, but the work is definitely worth it. For biryani, always use long grain rice. Basmati rice with its thin, fine grains is the ideal variety to use. Ghee is butter that has been slowly melted so that the milk solids and golden liquid have been separated and can be used in place of vegetable oil to yield a more authentic taste."

Spaghetti and Meatballs
By Smitten Kitchen, one of my new fave blogs. "I could argue that the entire point of this site is for me to find a single reliable recipe for each of my favorite comfort foods, and in most cases, I’ve eventually run into some luck: matzo ball soup, macaroni and cheese, caesar salad and crumb cake. Heck, I’ve even added some of yours, like chicken and dumplings, fried chicken and sweet cherry pie. I think we should all be able to make these things at home, whenever we want."

Crockpot Oatmeal
Must dig out my timer so I can use my crockpot, and also find/buy/borrow a smaller crockpot. I love my crockpot!

No comments: