Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 in review

The year is at its end - THANKYOUGODDESS!!!! I cannot tell you how much crap has been thrown at me and mine this year. Family dramas, engagements, cancelled engagements, injuries, surgery, suicides, death, births, house dramas... it just goes on and on. So here's a more balanced review of 2008:

What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Proposed to my sweetheart

Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions?
- do today what I can, rather than putting it off for tomorrow (getting better at this!)
- get back into yoga (sadly no but I have had a shoulder op so that's not surprising)
- enjoy the day and forget about tomorrow; live in the moment! (getting better at this too!)
- save 10% of my wages by the end of the year (bwahahahahahahaha - not even close but working on it)
- live within my means most of the time (improving)
- not buy any clothes (most of the year but not by choice)
- similarly, knit and craft from stash only (improving on this too)

Overall - not a bad year

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Heh - that's amusing as a student midwife. Close personally? Yes, a couple of friends did. No relatives as yet.

Did anyone close to you die?
Yes - one just the other day which still has me reeling

What countries/states did you visit?
New South Wales only - that's kind of sad!

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
My arm back in one piece with full range of movement; a husband

What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
17th May - the day I proposed!

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving the year and not giving up

What was your biggest failure?
Being less fit than when I started the year

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Shoulder issues, bronchitis of doom and that's about it

What was the best thing you bought?
My new car - her name is Saffron and she is yellow and an automatic. Best thing I bought by far!

Whose behavior merited celebration?
My own in completing this year with a strong GPA

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Anyone involved in Darfur

Where did most of your money go?
Rent, bills and new glasses

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Homebirth conference

What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
Faker: This Heart Attack

Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. happier or sadder? happier
2. thinner or fatter? fatter
3. richer or poorer? richer in lots of ways and not just in money (though just barely)

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Smiled and laughed

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Cried

How did/will you spend Christmas?
Caroling at the rowing club, then bbq lunch at home, and later a turkey roll and some veges in the crockpot

How did/will you spend New Year's?
Mexican party at A&A's house

Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Osk

Did you fall in love in 2008?
Ever more!

How many one night stands in this last year?
Hmmmm - I could say "2" or "200" and you'd never know, would you ;)

What was your favorite TV show?
Life on Mars

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yep

What did you want and get?
A fiance; a solution to my shoulder issues; a pathway to healing

What did you want and not get?
To go to Ithica

What were your favorite films of this year?
Dark Knight, Quantum of Solace, St Trinians

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 28 and I had a joint party with a friend who is a day younger and 10 years older

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Red and orange make the world go around; tshirts and jeans are a staple

What kept you sane?
Osk, talking a lot, blogging, LJ, OS, Kate, Alice, alcohol and a sense of humour

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Daniel Vettori

What political issue stirred you the most?
Abortion legalisation in Victoria

Who did you miss?
Monica

Who was the best new person you met?
Kate!

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I will survive whatever the world throws at me, and I don't have to be gracious about it and the sun will still come up tomorrow

No comments: