Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas is on its way!

A meme - nothing much exciting going on here this week. We had our engagement party on the weekend, and it was a FUN time! Photos to come.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper - I love using recycled or repurposed paper though. I can't remember the last time I bought paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial, bordering on "none". Ours is about 30cm high and is silver. We have a 1.5m tall green artificial one but have nowhere to put it and no urge to. We're not big on Christmas. I like the holiday and the thought but it gets so swamped by the retail reality of it that it loses a lot of its gloss. I'm much more of the Pagan leaning than a Christian one as well, so midsummer is my preferred celebration.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Friday. We got it off the shelf and put it on the table.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Um - usually pretty quickly after Christmas. I prefer to have it down before New Years. By "down" I mean back on its shelf.

5. Do you like eggnog?
I've never had it to be honest.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A baking set with a rolling pin and a plastic rolling sheet. Loved it to pieces.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My nephews - we give money into an account instead.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My Dad - two polo shirts and a bag of jersey caramels, year after year. He loves it too as they're his favourite sweet, and he then gets two new shirts for the year. Or so he says.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
No - see #2

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail if I send any at all.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Scented soaps which gave me such a bad migraine I had to be hospitalised.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Love Actually.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
All year round.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not directly - I have given some to charity though.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cranberry sauce and turkey; cherry pie and custard

16. What decorations are on your tree?
Little bud lights as it's a tiny tree

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Deck the hall - a good pagan song ;)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?
Not this year but usually

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
No

20. Angel on top of tree or star?
Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
People angsting about everything - money, presents, food, entertaining... it's exhausting to watch.

23 What theme or color are you using when you decorate?
Red and silver usually

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Seafood

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Jewellry if anything - silver, white gold, platinum with a clear colourless stone.

No comments: