- Extra safety perks and lurks - airbags and all that.
- Bright colour. Strange to start off with that but at the moment we have a yellow car and we want a bright colour again. Red or blue or green or yellow or orange would be fine. Not white, or blah blue, or grey, or black.
- 5 seater.
- 5 door - we have a 3 door at the moment (so 2 side doors and a boot) but as Sally is getting bigger I'm struggling to get her into her seat.
- Sports wagon type of car. Something that we can put bikes racks on the top of and go away in as well as park easily.
- Manual. It was heartbreaking for me when we had to change from our manual car to an automatic a few years ago, because of my left shoulder not being able to drive one anymore at the time. It'll be strange to have one again and a bit of a learning curve but we both want one!
- Fuel efficient around the city but gutsy enough to be on the highway/freeway.
- Quiet on the road.
- Good sound system.
- Cup holders, bottle holders in the door, flap thing around the sun visor, storage options and so on. These are all perks that I had in my Hyundai Accent and it's the creature comforts that I enjoy in a car, not the size of the engine or the
Friday, May 28, 2010
10 things we're looking for in a "new" car
Self-explainatory I guess. We will be in the market for a new-to-us car in the near future so here's a list of things we're looking for on Carsales.com.au which I use because you can search by colour: