Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Easy pasta sauce

Take 500g of frozen mince and put it in a heavy cast iron pot that you've got a lid for. Add a jar of pasata, a tin of tomatoes, a tin of chickpeas, a tin of kidney beans and a sliced onion. Add a tablespoon of stock powder. Add about 1 can extra liquid - water and red wine in this case. Put the lid on and put it on a low heat for an hour. Squash the mince with a potato masher, not minding if you get some of the peas and beans. Adjust seasoning. Let sit overnight for best flavour.

*****

Yes I'm a lazy cook. I'm trying to do my tax and TheHusband's as well and it's not easy to concentrate when I need to also cook food for us. I have coconut rice in the oven as well: 1C brown rice, 1 tin coconut cream, 1/2 tin boiling water, 1T vanilla sugar. Bake for 90 mins on 200C. Adjust so that it is creamy and sweet enough and yummy and eat.

2 comments:

Katrine said...

sweet creamy rice is one of my favourite lazy cook recepies but i'd never thought of baking it, or using coconut! thanks :)

Emma Someone said...

Coconut cream makes it lovely and creamy and I often add some ginger and sultanas as well. I feel like rice again now!