Sunday, July 5, 2009

Meme about me

I've been tagged by noone but what the heck - I'll tag myself.

The rules:
1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag eight other people (if you feel so inclined).

So here goes:

What is your current obsession?
Hair clips, and stalking various yarns that I want to knit with my copious spare time this year. And a few other things that I try not to obsess about but I guess I am obsessing still.

What is your weirdest obsession?
What, apart from being obsessed with all things women's health / birth / babies and yet not being obsessed with my own procreation? And saying loudly that I love women and think they're gorgeous in an amazingly functional way?

What are you wearing today?
Orange bra, wonderwoman underwear, yellow and orange striped socks, mary jane shoes, white 3/4 shirt and a grey overdress. It looks good, really.

What’s for dinner?
Penang diner tonight - I'm in the mood for massamum beef. Which is nothing like the yum that I could get at my local Thai place in Sydney (am I the only person

What did you eat for your last meal?
Two crumpets - one with Vegemite and the other with golden syrup, and a cup of Lady Grey tea.

What’s the last thing you bought?
Um - two handles from Bunnings to redo my childhood chest of drawers.

What are you listening to right now?
A report on a train crash in Washington. Go NewsRadio.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Somewhere warm - Bundaberg, just to visit with my grandparents.

Which language do you want to learn?
French! Immersion style please.

What do you love most about where you currently live?
That's hard - so many things. I live with the love of my life and my kitty and a very close friend who's almost like a sister to me. The house is amazing. It's in a great location. I'm 15 minutes from Kate's place ;).

What is your favorite colour?
At the moment that's a hard one. I've got a purple thing going on, but also loving on teal/sapphire coloured things.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
At the moment, my Rogue sweater. In general, probably my purple coat given that it's winter here at the moment.

What were you doing ten years ago?
Hmmm 1999 - I was halfway through my third year at uni, living in the southern 'burbs of Adelaide, driving a 1983 Mistubishi Colt and working at Hungry Jacks.

Describe your personal style?
Preppy, or unique - lots of colour, lots of unique accessories, lots of handknits. But often a pair of jeans and a tshirt.

If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Knitpicks Interchangeable needles.

What are you going to do after this?
Go to the gym for a session of aqua-aerobics, then to Target to buy a new pair of shoes as mine are dead.

What are your favourite films?
Love Actually
Changeling

What inspires you?
Colour and movement

Your favourite books?
Isobelle Carmody's series

Do you collect anything?
Hair clips, tea cups...

What makes you follow a blog?
The writing, how regularly it is updated, whether the topics are mostly things that I am interested in.

What was the most enjoyable thing you did today?
Slept in

What new skill would you like to learn?
There aren't any that come to mind - there are a few things that I'd like to improve though. Preserving, painting, decorating, sewing for example.

No comments: