Thursday, November 20, 2008

Names are such fascinating things!

I have friends in the USA, Canada, Europe, all states of Australia and in other places around the world. And I find it fascinating the names that are common in each spot. So here are 10 popular names in my circle of friends:
  • Angela
  • Emma
  • Kate /Katie
  • Rebecca
  • Sarah
  • Andrew
  • Michael
  • Alistair / Alasdair
  • Nicholas
  • Ian
And by popular I mean there are SO MANY people named these, the conversations go...

"So Andrew said",
"Wait - Andrew Mc, Andrew S, Andrew Sarah's Andrew, or the other Andrew?",
"Sarah's - J, not P"...

And names I want for my children:
  • Persephone
  • Taiven
  • Indigo
  • Saffron
  • Dharia
  • Grace
  • Mathilde
  • Paige
  • Gaicimo
  • Bexley
  • Felix
  • Xavier (why yes, I do seem to like my X names)
  • Fabien
  • Reuben
  • Cade
  • Bailey
  • Finlay
I'd love to hear what other people can say, especially about the names that are common in their family or cirles!

1 comment:

Kaviare said...

We have 'Doug Doug' and 'Our Doug'. Our doug being my uncle, dougdoug being my cousin's fiance.